From time to time the Share Blocks come on the market and are available for purchase, owners of share Blocks (Berths) can market these as they see fit. We recommend prospective purchasers contact the office direct and we will provide all information to help you make your decision. Chaffers Marina does not charge a commission, all sales are processed through our office.
The sale and purchase of shares are managed through the Chaffers Marina Office and use the Chaffers Marina documents. As part of the sale process, Chaffers Marina charges a Share Transfer Fee and a Share Re-grant Fee, further information is available by contacting the Chaffers Marina Office.
If you are considering purchasing a share block;
- Contact the Chaffers Marina office, or any broker listing the berths, you may find one on Trade Me or have been in direct contact with a shareholder
- Please make sure your vessel will fit into the berth you are interested in and complies with marina rules. These are available from the Chaffers Marina office and web site
- You must provide your full details to the vendor as all share sales must be approved by the CMHL Board and the vendor must advise these details for such approval. Forms are available at the Chaffers Marina Office to make it easier for you
- Negotiate a purchase price remembering the two fees that are payable to CML
- Complete the necessary forms that the Chaffers Marina Office will provide, to effect the Share Transfer and granting of a new Marina Berth Licence